Our goal is to highlight the amazing talent of our region’s artists while raising the needed funds to continue our work on behalf of the local Loudoun County Community. With that in mind, for every donated work an artist may consign up to 2 works of comparable value in the auction with a max of 2 donated and 4 consigned works. We have set a minimum and maximum size range for both the donated and consignment work. Size of work submitted is at the discretion of the artists within this range.
Works can be 2D paintings or 3D sculpture
- Minimum size: 8” X 8”
- Maximum size: 36” X 36”
- Any size exceptions are at the discretion of the Auction Committee
- Questions? [email protected])
Please read carefully the following instructions before submitting artwork:
Participating Artist Instructions
We are looking for your best works that highlight your unique talents. We ask that submissions be works created in the past 18 months.
- Family friendly work preferred (minors may be in attendance),
- Artwork must be of the Artist’s own creation. No prints please
- Artwork must be ready to hang
- Work containing appropriated content must be transformational or credit the original Artist
- To be considered for the show, artists must donate at least one work for up to two consigned works. (Artists’ max submission: 2 donated 4 Consignment)
- Donated and consigned work should be within comparable value range (plus/minus 10%).
- Donated work becomes property of Loudoun Cares.
- Unsold consigned pieces can be picked up after auction see timeline below.
- The auction has no theme. Happy Creating!
- Not all Artwork will be highlighted during the live event. More information to come.
- The mobile ReadySetAuction mobile app will be used for all bidding.
Entries must be made online through the Loudoun Cares website.
- Submission Open – Wednesday June 15, 2023
- Deadline for Submissions – Wednesday, September 13, 2023 @ Midnight
- Notification of Accepted Work – Friday September 22, 2023
- Artists Deliver Art – Friday October 13, 2023; time TBD; Location: Center of Innovative Technology (CIT) Building, 2214 Rock Hill Rd, Herndon, VA 20170
******Please contact Auction Committee at [email protected] with any questions about artwork acceptance or drop-off. Please add this email to your contact list all communications will come from [email protected]*****
- Unsold Consigned Art Pick-up – Sunday October 15, 2023 at CIT Building time TBD
- Donated unsold items become the property of Loudoun Cares
*******Please note the pick-up date before submitting as we are unable to store artwork.*********
- Artists must reside in the Virginia, West Virginia, DC and Maryland region.
- Primary Artists over 24 years of ages
- Emerging Artists 18-24 years of age
ARTWORK SUBMISSION DETAILS
- The auction will display approximately 80-100 pieces of 2D/3D pieces
- Size is limited to minimum 8”x8” and maximum 36”X36”
- All artwork must be original art of the Artist’s own creation.
- IMPORTANT! Painted artwork must be dry and ready to be hung.
- A note on hanging, please make sure that your frames are dust and grease free, in good condition and your hanging wires don’t stretch over the frame when hung. D hooks are preferred, not required. If using prefabricated frames, please add wire unless they come with bendable saw tooth hangers. Frames will be checked at drop off and Artists will be required to adjust hardware if necessary.
- Every piece of art must be labeled with the following:
- Artist’s Full name
- Artist’s mailing address
- Artist’s contact phone number
- Artist’s email address
- Artwork title, medium, and size
- Reserve Price (consignment pieces) & Market Value
- Price of reserve – provide a reserve price for consignment pieces keeping in mind our goals for this event is to support Loudoun Cares as a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit. A 20% markup will be added to the piece for the starting bid. The amount of the reserve will go to the artist.
- For example: A reserve price of $500 will be marked up to $600 as a starting bid. If purchased, Artist will receive $500 and the remainder of the purchase price (i.e., $100+) will go to support Loudoun Cares
- Final starting bid, for consigned pieces, is at the discretion of the Auction Committee
- Market Value – provide the market value for your work as if you were selling it at a regular gallery showing. Note: Market Value should not be lower than starting bid + 20% markup
- All submissions will be approved by the Auction Committee, ensuring that the auction exhibits a variety of Artists that are representative of the work produced in our region.
- Loudoun Cares will display art at auction through a combination of hanging, easels, and tables.
- All artists must submit at least 1 donated work for up to two (2) consignment works. If consigning only one (1) work, artist must donate one (1) work. An artist may donate works without submitting a consigned work. (Artists’ max submission: 2 donated 4 Consignment)
- Consignment Works – For every two pieces of consigned art, an artist must donate a work of comparable value (plus/minus 10%). You may submit a maximum of 4 consigned works. All works, consigned and donated, must be by separate submission. Be sure to indicate if it is a donated or consigned work. Please take great care in filling out the submission form. If submitting more than one work, please copy and paste your bio and contact information into EACH entry. The selection of consignment work is at the discretion of the Auction Committee.
- Donated Work – You may submit one or more donated works without submitting consigned work.
- Diptych or Triptych should be treated as one submission, using one photo of all pieces together in the configuration showing how they should be displayed in the auction and by a future purchaser.
Entries must include:
- A completed submission form
- One (1) jpg format image (Limit 3MB) per submitted artwork.
- Notes for submissions:
- Artist Bio – must be provided with each submission (200 word limit)
- Artist Contact Info – see “ARTWORK SUBMISSION DETAILS” above
- Artwork Details Info – see “ARTWORK SUBMISSION DETAILS” above
- Work may not be accepted without all required information.
- Artists must pay costs of delivery and return and accept liability (if shipping).
- Gallery Agreement – upload a copy with submission
By submitting work, Artist accepts the following terms:
This agreement is part of the submission form. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY before submitting your artwork. The Artist grants Loudoun Cares (Beneficiary) an exclusive right to sell any submitted/accepted artwork while the work is on display at the auction. There will be no fee for inclusion of any accepted work while it is on display at auction.
Auction sale proceeds of consigned works will be distributed based on the reserve price provided by the artist at time of submission. Any proceeds over the reserve price will go to the Beneficiary.
Auction sale proceeds of donated works will be distributed 100% to Beneficiary.
Disbursement of the Artist’s portion of sales proceeds will occur on or before November 6, 2023. During the auction of accepted artwork, reception or post-auction events, Artist shall retain ownership and risk of loss for their respective artwork until sale or Artist retrieves unsold work. Artist expressly agrees to allow Beneficiary to photograph and reasonably use a limited number of images of Artist’s artwork for Auction advertising, receptions, or post-auction events. Such images of Artist’s work shall not be reproduced by Beneficiary as prints, copies or other forms of reproduction for sale by Gallery, Beneficiary, its employees, contractors, agents or business affiliates. All images of artwork and art originals shall remain solely and absolutely the property of the original Artist until such time as the original artwork is purchased or Artist otherwise transfers ownership by trade, financial transaction or by written agreement signed by the original Artist. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and local jurisdictions having authority. Declined Artwork questions may be directed to Auction Committee at [email protected], 703-669-2351 ext 103. We will make every effort to provide a prompt response.
Thank you in advance for participating in this charitable event to benefit Loudoun Cares. We appreciate and value your contributions.
Loudoun Cares is a 501c3. Those interested in sponsoring the event may contact Executive Director, Valerie Pisierra at [email protected]
Please complete the following submission form for each piece of work you are submitting.