2023 Outstanding Volunteer Award Honorees
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 20, 2023
Loudoun Cares Announces 2023 Outstanding Volunteer Honorees
Celebrating over 80 Loudoun County Volunteers at Award Ceremony
LEESBURG, Virginia (April 2023) – Loudoun Cares is pleased to announce the 2023 Outstanding Volunteer Award (OVA) Honorees who were chosen from 63 nominations. Award categories include adult, senior, youth, and specialty. Further, four of our Loudoun County Board of Supervisors recognize a volunteer(s) in their district while the Chair-at-Large Phyllis Randall recognizes a volunteer from across the County. The annual awards recognize Loudoun County’s volunteers for their outstanding contributions in making our community a place residents want to live, work, and enjoy.
Loudoun Cares will be recognizing more than 80 volunteers across 17 categories for their dedication and service throughout Loudoun County at the annual Outstanding Volunteer Awards reception at Belmont Place at the National Conference Center in Leesburg on May 5, 2023. Ms. Brenda MacEoin will be honored with the Judy Hines Service of a Lifetime award for her longtime dedication and service with LAWS Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Services organization. This award honors volunteers having served Loudoun County for over 10 years.
The event will be held from 5:00-8:00pm. Chair Phyllis Randall from the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors will be the Distinguished Speaker while the event will be emceed by Tony Howard, President & CEO of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce. Tickets are $35/pp and can be purchased on the Loudoun Cares website at https://www.loudouncares.org/2023-ova-awards/. For more information, to purchase tickets, or inquire about sponsorship opportunities, please see the Loudoun Cares website at https://www.loudouncares.org/2023-ova-awards/ or contact [email protected].
“I can’t tell you how much I look forward to this event each year,” says Valerie Pisierra, Loudoun Cares Executive Director. “The stories are inspiring and we are honored to be able to tell our community about these amazing volunteers right here in Loudoun County. Their service and dedication to this community needs to be celebrated!”
The 2023 Outstanding Volunteer Awardees being honored are:
- Judy Hines Service of a Lifetime Award: Brenda MacEoin, LAWS Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Services
- Gabriella Miller Youth Volunteer Award: Mahsa Riar, Loudoun Coalition on Women & Girls
- Outstanding Adult Volunteer Award: Amy Ulland, Loudoun Wildlife Conservatory
- Outstanding Adult Volunteer Team Award: The Resourceful Woman, LAWS Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Services
- Outstanding Adult Public Safety Award: Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Auxiliary
- Outstanding Senior Volunteer Award: Cynthia Colbert, Loudoun Hunger Relief
- Outstanding Senior Volunteer Team Award: John and Robin Peterson, Loudoun Habitat for Humanity
- Outstanding Veteran Volunteer Award: Gloria Martin, Loudoun Literacy Council
- Outstanding Volunteer Team Award: Travelers Aid – Dulles Airport
- Outstanding Volunteer Project Award: Park View Redo Crew, Park View High School
- Outstanding Volunteer Project Leader Award: Rich Ruckman, Loudoun Habitat for Humanity
- Outstanding Youth Volunteer Team Award: Claude Moore Community Builders
- Outstanding Youth Volunteer Team Award: Ashburn Youth Men’s Service League, All Ages Read Together
- Outstanding Corporate Volunteer Team Award: You’ve Got Maids NOVA
- Outstanding Community/Civic Volunteer Organization Award: The Social Collectives – Loudoun
- Board of Supervisors Awards:
- Chairperson Volunteer Recognition: Doode Summers, Young Kings Movement
- Ashburn District: Didem Maurice &Patti Painton, LAWS Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Services
- Broad Run District: Ashburn Senior Center Volunteers
- Dulles District: Chuck Glass, Dulles South Food Pantry
- Leesburg District: Ann Doss, Leesburg American Legion Post 34
Loudoun Cares appreciates this year’s Award sponsors who are giving back to the community through Loudoun Cares:
- Outstanding Volunteer Awards Event Sponsor: Claude Moore Charitable Foundation
- Outstanding Volunteer Awards Category Sponsors: Northwest Federal Credit Union (Senior Category) and Backflow Technology, LLC (Youth Category)
- Outstanding Volunteer Award Sponsors: Carol Kearney, Realtor, Momentum Realty, LLC (Gabriella Miller Youth); Jacob Ayubi, State Farm Insurance (Award TBD); Nigel Preece, Premier Computer Technology (Senior Team); You’ve Got Maids (Adult Public Safety Team)
- Outstanding Volunteer Support Sponsors: Choyce Creative (photographer)
About Loudoun Cares
Loudoun Cares is a Leesburg-based nonprofit serving the Loudoun County community for the past 20 years through its information & referral ConnectLine and Online Volunteer Center. The ConnectLine specializes in connecting people in need with resources, information, or referrals to local services and support providers. Loudoun Cares’ Volunteer Center is the county’s only online portal connecting volunteers with local nonprofits in need of support. The Center currently has over 260 nonprofits registered and receives between 80-100 new volunteer registrations each month. Loudoun Cares was honored to be named 2021 Small Business of the Year and Nonprofit of the Year by the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce. In addition, Loudoun Cares’ Executive Director Valerie Pisierra received the 2022 Loudoun Chamber Community Leadership Nonprofit Executive Leader Award.
For more information about how to volunteer or to request volunteers, please visit www.loudouncares.org or call 703-669-2351. If you or someone you know needs help finding resources in the community call 703-669-4636.